A place to belong...
Finding community and understanding...
Joining a congregation of my own ethnic people group...
What is the Ethnic Church Directory?
This directory includes Christian church congregations that focus on a particular
ethnic people group, or groups. Usually the congregation will have a primary emphasis
on first or second-generation immigrants throughout the year.
Many of the nations have come to America and Canada. We can participate in the mission
to have representatives from all nations (ethne, ethnic people groups, tribes) worshiping
the Lord Jesus Christ before the throne.
- Help people of other cultures, and especially immigrants, find an appropriate church
- There are some directories that focus on a denomination, one particular ethnic group,
or a small geographical area. This directory strives to span those boundaries and
provide a "big picture" high level view of what God is doing among the nations.
- Help link individuals and organizations with similar interests and missions
- Help people understand the wonderful ways God is working among the nations right
here within our own region
- Participate in God's mission and desire to have a loving, covenant relationship
with all nations
Who We Are
The Ethnic Church Directory was conceived and developed by iconduet.
The hope is that eventually volunteers or paid staff will help maintain the site
with additions, updates and mostly filtering out unwanted entries such as unrelated
Relevant advertising or donations may be used on this site to help fund the costs
of hosting the site, original development costs, maintenance and adding new features.
Note: Even though there is technically only one Christian Church with numerous congregations,
this site adopts the common use of the word "church" as also including the local
congregation e.g. house church, First Baptist Church, etc.
For the few who are curious...
- This site is an ASP.Net 2.0 application using Visual Basic and a large database.
- Like most ASP.Net applications, cookies are used to keep track of sorting options
and other interactions on a page. These cookies are only retained during your visit
to our site. We do not store these cookies long-term.
preferences e.g. your most frequent search terms to help make your visit more efficient.
For instance, if you usually search for Korean-speaking churches and churches in
Illinois, we could make that process a bit easier.
- A fairly fast Internet connection will be helpful. But the site has been designed
to be very usable with slower connections as well.
- A large screen resolution will be very helpful. See the FAQ
for more details.